An RBIS, founded and ideated this well-known system. At Ralla Bella , inspired by this system, we initiate learning at 2 years and 10 months of age. Under the guidance of special Montessori-trained teachers and enveloped in the warmth of their individual attention, the child will work with stimulating materials, develop concentration and a love for learning.
Some salient features of an Ralla Bella Pre-Primary Montessori environment are:
- Children are divided into categories like babies, sub-juniors, juniors and seniors depending on their age group.
- Each section is called an environment.
- It is a multi-age group, based on the Montessori philosophy that older children set an example and often share learnings with their younger counterparts.
- The Montessori system develops a sense of responsibility and independence in children.
- Activity based learning is the essence of this methodology.
- A daily routine of prayer time, brain-gym time, rhyme time, work time and play time, is established right at the beginning of the session.
- Colour days (children and teachers come to school dressed in the colour of the day) are observed with a lot of excitement and enthusiasm.
- Festivals, events, annual days, grandparent's day etc are also observed according to the school calendar.
- Music is an inherent part of the pre-primary routine.
- Great emphasis is also laid on developing a love for books through the school reading program. A special time is allocated for reading, storytelling and activities to build their comprehension, spelling and appreciation for the written word.
- To improve motor skills and focus on the importance of play and learning, our Montessori children spend a designated amount of time enjoying themselves at the school sandpit.
- Gardening is also a vital part of their weekly schedule.